Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Does the Chi Straightening Iron work on short thick hair?

I am considering buying one, but I wanted to ask this before I spent all that money. I have shoulder-length layered hair that is thick and naturally wavy. Cheaper straightening irons work on it, but it tends to start flipping outward on the ends after several hours, especially if I'm outside and it's windy. It frizzes up a bit too. Will the Chi work better on my hair? Is it worth the money?



Also, where are they available? Can they be found at places like Target or Wal-Mart?



Does the Chi Straightening Iron work on short thick hair?

No you cant buy CHI at Wal-Mart or Target types of stores, but you can buy them at higher end Spas or Salons, even online(you might be able to find one on ebay NIB if your lucky)!



I bought my CHI at a Spa 3 years ago and its purple with little crystals that spell out CHI on it, I love it not only because it gets super hot but i have very thick hair so this is good for getting all my hair sleek and straight. No matter how many times I have dropped its never cracked, or even lost its color for that fact!! Its long lasting thats for sure!



Now most people dont understand how to use a CHI and then they get upset because their hair is like they used a cheap flat iron (not knocking the cheap ones)! So you want to put your hair up in sections (like up in a ponytail or clip) then take some hair starting at the bottom of your head working up to the top of the head, take about 1 or maybe 2 inches of your at a time and slowly and tightly drag the CHI from root to tip. Make sure your hair is combed nice so you dont get those crinkly pieces! Do section by section until your finished at the top of your head. I know this sounds like alot but you will get the hang of it and be able to do it in about 20 min and i do mine every other day!



Does the Chi Straightening Iron work on short thick hair?

i have one and it was totally worth the money. my hair is a little past my shoulders layered and thick. this straightener leaves it straight and silky. i bought mine at j.c penny. but they have them at target too. not wal-mart they dont have them there



Does the Chi Straightening Iron work on short thick hair?

defintely works on all hair. its amazing. buy it at ulta. if you get a coupon from there then its a pretty solid deal.



Does the Chi Straightening Iron work on short thick hair?

yeah well i dont have thick hair kind of but not that much but it is really wavy and well the chi does work it keeps it super straight all day and u can even do curl when u straighten it. they come out super pretty and it only takes me 20min and it looks like 1hr hair do but if u ask me i think its worth it my sister has super curly thick hair and it even works for her it doesnt get that straight but it still looks nice!! so i think its worth it!! but it does get a little wavy from the back just a little on when i like put my hood one for a long time it does get wavy but only the back and very little but other than that its worth it i got mine at HEB for $119 the black on!!



Does the Chi Straightening Iron work on short thick hair?

STOP! Do not get a CHI!



Get a Sedu, I've had both it is amazing!



Does the Chi Straightening Iron work on short thick hair?

In my experience, CHI isn't that great. Doesn't get hot enough to really be efficient for thick hair. You need something that can go up to about 450 degrees, and CHI's highest setting is somewhere in the 300's. Fine for normal hair, but thick hair needs something hotter. Solia's good (that's what I use now), and Sedu is good too. None of these things can be purchased at cheap stores, though. If you want a good price, try folica.com or even eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment